The VX-8GR APRS®/GPS Handheld Transceiver is a Dual Band version of the VX-8DR. The VX-8GR includes most of of the solid features and specifications found in the VX-8DR, plus a built in GPS and new expanded APRS® capabilities to meet the needs of even the most active APRS® user.
• Full 5 watts FM 144/430 MHz.
• RX 108-999.90 MHz
• GPS unit included with radio!
• Water spray resistant - meets IPX5 - 3 feet for minimum of 30 minutes.
• 7.4 V 1100 mAh Lithium Ion battery included. 1800 mAh LI Battery & 3 x AA battery case optional.
• Small (2.4” x 3.7” x 1.1”) without knob & antenna
• Simultaneous independent 2-signal dual receive function. Both V + V or U + U
• Weather receiving with Weather Alert.
• Dot matrix LCD display provides up to 16 character Memory tags, High-resolution Spectrum Analyzer with ±50 channels indication, Wave monitoring of received/modulated signal.
• DCS and CTCSS ENC/DEC included.
Key Addional APRS® Features of the VX-8GR include:
• APRS® 1200/9600 bps data communication (B band only).
• Smart Beaconing ™ Function: When using APRS® for position tracking, the beacon timing is automatically adjusted to your traveling speed and location to plot a smoother trace to match your position and movement on a map.
• The number of Station List memories increased to 50.
• The number of APRS Message memories increased to 30.
• DIGI-PATH route indication function: The APRS® Packet data includes Digipeater routing info.
• Heads up compass display to the GPS Screen: Traveling direction is always toward top of the display.
• The Message received LED flashing rate is selectable.
• The number of DIGI-PATH route settings is increased to 7.